Frequently Asked Questions

What is the best way to get hold of an attorney immediately?

Fill out the contact form or call 844-LAW-PRO6  (844 529 7766) and set up a time to discuss your case with an attorney.

What is the statute of limitation for breach of contract?

There is a five year statute of limitation to file on breach of contract with your homeowner insurance policy but in some instances, you must give notice to your insurance company within 2 years according to a 2021 change in the law. It is recommended to discuss with an attorney for a review of your case.

How long do I have to file a claim with my insurance company?

You have a duty to file your claim as soon as you notice the damage. While there is no statute of limitation to provide notice to your insurance company for most claims, there is a legal requirement to provide notice to your insurance company within 2 years from the date of a hurricane if you have hurricane damage.

Do I actually need an attorney?

The insurance claim process is much more complicated than it seems as it's designed to benefit the insurance company. Insurance companies have entire teams, including adjusters, trained to minimize the amount of money they have to pay. Attorneys know what to expect, how to approach the specifics of each claim, and how to negotiate with insurers. If you want to navigate the process successfully and ensure the best result for your claim, an attorney is a must.

Do I have a case?

The only way to tell if your situation merits litigation or further legal review is by submitting the relevant documentation to an attorney. Fill out the contact form or call us for a free consultation, and we can help you determine if you, in fact, have a case worth pursuing.

How much can I get from my claim?

Some dishonest attorneys might tell you that your claim might be worth up to a specific amount, but that is simply impossible to tell. There are many variables in determining the case's monetary value, including the specifics of your policy, surrounding circumstances, and documentation. Until we have reviewed all the facts, we cannot say for sure, which is why a consultation is so important.

How long will my case take?

This also depends on too many variables to give a concrete answer without reviewing the specifics of a case first. Some cases can be negotiated in a matter of days or settle after a letter. Other cases can require extensive litigation or mediation before they are resolved.

How do I know if my insurance acted in bad faith?

Insurance companies are legally obligated to act fairly with their clients. Violating this responsibility is deemed "bad faith" and can result in a complaint with the state of Florida and a lawsuit. Bad faith claims often result from wrongfully denying payment on a valid claim, delaying payment without just cause, or underpaying a claim. The specifics need to be reviewed by an attorney first before you can determine if your insurer did behave in bad faith.

What should I do if a natural disaster damaged my property?

All cases of property damage call for extensive documentation. This means keeping an accurate record of everything that was damaged or lost to ensure you get fair compensation from your claim. Insurance contracts often require that policyholders take immediate action to mitigate further damage to their property. Otherwise, you could be subject to a reduction in compensation or a denied claim altogether.

Will my insurer try to underpay for my claim?

Insurance companies make their money like any other business – earning more money than they spend. Ultimately, this means not paying for any claims unless they are contractually obligated to do so. Even in those scenarios, insurers often don't meet their responsibilities. Therefore, having an attorney review your claim is the best way to protect your best interests.

How do I rebuild after a catastrophe?

Dealing with any property loss is stressful enough. Murray & Associates, P.A. is dedicated to making what comes next a little easier for our clients. We don't just handle the claims process; we can also connect you to trusted contractors for roof repairs, dry-out services, and more!

What should I do after a car accident?

Your priority should always be to seek medical attention if you need it. If you are still in good physical condition, you should document everything, take pictures of the accident, get contact information from everyone involved, including witnesses, and file a police report. You should avoid admitting fault at the scene or take any responsibility until you've spoken to your attorney, as there might be elements to the incident you might not have considered during the initial shock.

I've suffered an injury. How long do I have to file a case?

The state of Florida has a four-year statute of limitation from the date of the accident or injury to file a case. This extends to medical malpractice suits with a notable exception – you have four years from the event of malpractice. That means if you suffered an injury from medical malpractice but did not discover it until after the four years elapsed, your case could be thrown out.

Contact Us

Human Test:

Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.