Theft and Vandalism

The idea of someone entering your home or business and stealing or damaging your property is terrifying to think about. Yet, between 2007 and 2017, there were over 1.6 million burglaries in Florida alone. Fortunately, many insurers offer coverage in case of burglary; unfortunately, those same insurers often have complicated processes and prove to be unwilling to compensate.

Being the victim of theft or vandalism is scary enough; the last thing you want is to add additional stress by stumbling through a complex insurance claim process. Murray & Associates is your ally in the battle with insurance, and we are here to help you navigate through any theft or vandalism claim.

What is the Difference Between Theft and Vandalism?


Theft is purposefully taking another person’s property without their knowledge or consent. This can look like someone breaking into your home and taking a television or a person walking out of your business with a product without paying.


Vandalism refers to willfully damaging or destroying someone’s property. This can take many forms, from spray painting a wall to someone throwing a rock through your window.

What Should I Do If Someone Has Stolen Something or Vandalized My Property?

Although most homeowner and business insurance policies offer coverage for theft and vandalism, much of your claim will depend on documentation. Therefore, one of the first things you should do is call the police and make a detailed report. This way, there will be a timely account of your missing property for your insurance provider to evaluate.

Do You Need Representation for Your Theft or Vandalism Insurance Claim?

Even with a timely report and complete account of missing or damaged property, some insurance providers still deny claims or under-evaluate your losses. If this happens, call the Murray & Associate legal team for the expertise you’ll need to receive fair compensation.

Contact Us

Human Test:

Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.